Private trip costs
Group size (Person)
|Price per person||Adult (THB)||5,500||3,300||1,900||1,300|
This tour begins early in the morning driving through Northern Thailand’s countryside. There will be a short stop at a local hot spring and the opportunity to buy coffee and snacks before continuing to one of the most recognizable structures in Thailand, the White Temple. This dazzling structure is the ongoing work of a local artist that reflects principles of Buddhism and enlightenment.
Next you will continue to the Golden Triangle, a region of Thailand that was once infamously known for its opium trade. It is also home to an overlook where the Mekong and Ruak Rivers join and create the spot where the three countries of Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos meet. Take a walk around the viewpoint and explore a small market nearby before resting and having lunch.
After Continue by boat trip on Mae Khong River to Laos market on Donsao Laos Country Island, then visit the House of Opium Museum to see why the opium was as expensive as gold in the old day.
Tour Highlight :The Northern Route
– Private Tour Full- day of Chiang Rai Province from Chiang Mai.
– Visit the Northern most point of Thailand.
– Stop at Mae Kajan hot spring
– Visit Wat Rong Kuhn( white Temple)of Chiang Rai
– Visit Golden Triangle, view the border lines scenery of Thailand, Laos and Myanmar, the famous land of the opium trade in the old day.
– Visit the House of Opium Museum
– Take the boat riding on mighty Mae Khong River to see Burma border and stop at Laos market at Donsao Laos Country Island.
What You Can Expect ( Duration 07.00am- 08.30 pm )
Cultural / Architecture / History / Museums & Galleries / Boating / Nature / Private Tours / Outdoor Activities
This tour start and end in Chiang Mai!
Tour location: Chiang Rai,Thailand
Tour duration: 12-13 hours
Tour departing: Departs daily on a Private basis
Pick you up time: 07.00am at your hotel.
Activities & Itinerary : Borders and Peoples
Hot Spring + White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) + Opium House Museum + Golden Triangle + Donsao Island (Laos) + Long Neck Karen Village. (optional)
– 7.00am. You are picked up from your accommodation by your driver, drive toward the North-East of Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai (approx.180kms)
– First stop will be made at Mae Kajan hot spring where you can soak your feet in mineral hot water and good spot to have a morning cup of coffee, then continue driving to Chiang Rai,
- Visit the stunning Wat Rong Khun, also called The White Temple which created by the famous artist of Thailand, due to its dazzling white color inlaid with mirrored glass. Proceed to the Golden Triangle, after that continue driving to Chiang Saen city (approx. 70kms).
– On the way, you may choose to stop at hill tribe village to visit Akha, Lahu and Long Neck tribe before returning to Chiang Mai, but you have to pay entrance ticket on your own (optional)
– Lunch will be served at a famous restaurant near the river where you can admire the great view of Golden Triangle.
- Then to where the three countries of Thailand, Laos and Burma are met. Take a boat ride on mighty Mae Khong River to see Burma border and stop at Laos market on Donsao island of Laos.
- Visit the Goden Triangle, one of Asia's two main opium-producing areas. It is an area of around 950,000 square kilometres that overlaps the mountains of three countries of Southeast Asia: Myanmar, Laos and Thailand. Visit the Opium House Museum to see why the opium was as expensive as gold in the old day.
– 05.00 pm. Leave Chiang Rai city.
– 08.30 pm. Arrived your hotel in Chiang Mai and end of wonderful day tour.
Meals : Lunch
Note : Please be aware that this is private one day tour. It is very important to inform you that, we will drive over 600 km and spend 12 -13 hours including the traveling time in the car.
If you are interested in spending time exploring these sites and would like to have the luxury of leisure, this tour is not for you. We highly recommend that you should select the 2 Day 1 Night version of this tour that can be found under the tab on our main page, which there are so many things to see. Therefore, we would like to advise you to choose a multi-day tour that you can enjoy the wonders Chiang Rai,Northern Thailand offers.
*** TIME COULD BE CHANGED DEPENDS ON THE SEASON AND SITUATION ***
Our pick up & drop off conditions :
– Free pick up & drop off for hotel located in Chiang Mai city area only
– Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city
– If you unsure about the specifics of your hotel or resort location, you can e- mail or call us upfront
This Private Tour Includes :
– All transportation only for your party / family. to and from your hotel. We use only high-quality air-conditioned vehicles to keep you cool and comfortable
– Entrance fees.
– Thai lunch, snacks, fruits and water, refreshing towel.( Please advise if you are vegetarian or allergic of any foods
– Local 1 st class Travel insurance
– Informative English speaking tour guide.
This Private Tour Excludes :
– Alcoholic drinks.
– DVD and Souvenir photos
What to Bring :
– Please dress politely ( Knees & shoulders covered )
– Digital cameras or phone cameras
– Some money for any of your personal expenses
– Please bring your passport for crossing the border to Laos.
Child Policy :
– Below 3 years old : free of charge
– 4 - 8 years old : 50%discount
– 9 years old up or/taller than 120 cm. consider to adult price
– This package is suitable for all ages and levels experience
– Time is flexible based on the season and situation
– Please advise if you are vegetarian or allergic of any foods
– This tour is long driving in a day but since we are private tour, we can stop to take a break if you need.
***** YOUR SAFETY & SATISFACTION ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY *****