Private trip costs
Group size (Person)
|Price per person||Adult (THB)||3,700||2,500||2,300||2,000|
Elephant Mahout Experience is the small elephant camp in Chiang Mai,Thailand
is situated among the marvelous scenery and beautiful setting with the river flowing gracefully close by Mae Tang District, North of Chiang Mai.
At Elephant Mahout Experience would be offered with the privacy, freedom, legibility and time needed to get closer to nature and also to build closeness to your individual elephants, Experience with Elephants which would give you a truly memorable.
Elephant Mahout Experience. Being the prominent feature. The guest will have the special opportunity to build a closeness to an individual elephant. Not being part of a large crowd will enable the visitor to spend as much time as they wish experiencing elephant life together. This will build a rapport with the elephant in their natural environment far removed from the usual organized tours of Elephant camps. We offer the visitor the freedom, flexibility and time needed to get closer to nature.
We are proud of the tranquil, natural and beautiful setting with the river flowing gracefully and close by. We believe we can offer the discerning visitor the environment, ambience and peace to focus on elephant life together. The Elephant Mahout Experience has been designed to accommodate in a Private style whatever is needed hopefully to make the visit personalized, most comfortable and indeed relaxing. Our staff will aim to offer first class attentive service and care to make the visit truly memorable.
Highlight : Our Elephant Mahout Experience, visitors can witness the real experience.
– Briefing about Thai elephants and Close encounter with Thailand’s wildlife.
– Learn about the daily care of elephant.
- The guest will have the special opportunity to build a closeness to an individual elephant. Not being part of a large crowd will enable the visitor to spend as much time as they wish experiencing elephant life together.
- This Elephant Mahout Experience will build a rapport with the elephant in their natural environment far removed from the usual organized tours of Elephant camps.
– You will be able to ride an elephant and give them a bath, just like a professional Mahout!
- We offer the visitor the freedom, flexibility and time needed to get closer to nature.
What You Can Expect :
Nature & Wildlife Tours / Private Tours / Outdoor Activities.
This tour start and end in Chiang Mai!
Tour location: Mae Tang, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Tour duration: 5-6 hours
Afternoon 12:30pm -17:30pm
Departs daily on a private basis.
The elephant is the national animal of Thailand. Elephants are central to Thai culture, and if you’re coming to Chiang Mai hoping to encounter the beautiful Asian elephant, then you’ve come to the right place. Thailand itself has more than 70 elephant camps, most located in the north, and you’ll soon find that some websites and some elephant business camps seem to be peddling a different elephant experience. The abundance of choice however doesn’t guarantee a positive experience for the visitors — nor, importantly, for the elephant — so here is a little background information to keep in mind when making your decision on whether to see elephants, and where to see them.
Elephants have survived together with Thailand for centuries. A Mahout and elephants lived and worked together in regular and working time. For forestry industry in the deep forest, to get the best teak of the world, it needed the elephants in hauling logs. Later in 1989, Thai government cancelled Forest concessions to preserve the forest remaining just a little. Formerly, many elephants, which worked in the forest for logging, became jobless and caused a concern to the mahouts and family, but it brought about one advantage, that is to say that working in the forest in dangerous situation ended as well, and they would start the new life. At present the elephants, mahouts and families have a better livelihood than the past. However, they currently are facing the problem of high cost in raising the elephants as in a day, an elephant eats food about 250 kilogram. Therefore ” Chang Erawan Tour” is a tour agency which is certified by tourism authority of Thailand. License # 24/00381. It is a local agency provides private Tour service . It can take you to where you can get really close to the elephants and learn the fact of Asian elephants , learn how to create relationship We are trying our best to balance good experience of each tourist and elephant’s life to know the way of elephant carers. This will make you happy and share happiness to the elephants Northen, of Thailand.
Elephant Mahout Experience Chiang Mai.
– Depart Chiang Mai by private A/C car or VIP luxury Van. You can set a time by your own. It takes about 5 - 6 hours including the traveling time in the car.
– Drive 1 hours. we arrive the Elephant Mahout Experience in the Mae Taeng. Chiang Mai– A warm hospitality from elephant and mahouts ,
- You will get changed into the elephant keeper outfit.
– Learn how to prepare healthy food and herb balls for the Elephant.
– Briefing about a wonderful introduction to the Thai elephants. You will learn about the behaviors and lifestyle of these elephants, also you can learn how to control the elephants as if you are a Mahout. Easy spoken commands ( elephant language ) for how elephant interaction.
– Feeding with bananas or sugar canes and healthy treats, patting the face and trunk.
– Once in a lifetime experience elephant riding bare back ( you can choose whether you want to ride on elephant bare back or walk with our staff and the elephants go to the river) up & downhill through the beautiful jungle, you can relax and see how elephants are happy and eating all the time along the way , (they eating roots leaves, grasses)
– Wonderful time bathing & brushing elephants in the Mae Tang river.
– After you get wet you can have a shower and change cloth.
– Delicious lunch and fresh fruits
– After lunch, we will drive back to Chiang Mai City
– Arrive your accommodation & end of our wonderful day tour.
Meals : Lunch
*** TIME COULD BE CHANGED DEPENDS ON THE SEASON AND SITUATION ***
Our pick up & drop off conditions :
– Free pick up & drop off for hotel located in Chiang Mai city area only
– Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city
– If you unsure about the specifics of your hotel or resort location, you can e- mail or call us upfront
This Private Tour Includes :
– All transportation only for your party / family. to and from your hotel. We use only high-quality air-conditioned vehicles to keep you cool and comfortable.
– Takes about 5 -6 hours including the traveling time in the car.
– Entrance fees.
– Thai lunch, snacks, fruits and water, refreshing towel.( Please advise if you are vegetarian or allergic of any foods)
– Banana and food for feeding your elephant.
– Local 1 st class Travel accident insurance
– Informative English speaking tour guide.
– The elephant mahouts outfit will be provided for you by Elephant Mahout Experience Team.
This Private Tour Excludes :
– Alcoholic drinks.
What to Bring :
– A change of cloth and underwear
– Sunscreen lotion
– Insect repellent
– Digital cameras or phone cameras
– Some money for any of your personal expenses.
How to wear :
– The elephant mahout outfits will be prepared for you
Child Policy :
– Below 3 years old: free of charge
– 4-8 years old child : 50%discount
– 9 years old up or/taller than 120 cm. consider to adult price
– This package is suitable for all ages and levels experience
– Time is flexible based on the season and situation
**** YOUR SAFETY & SATISFACTION ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY *****