Private trip costs
Group size (Person)
|Price per person||Adult (THB)||2,300||1,500||1,300||1,000|
Why are the tigers so tame?
Is it dangerous to get in the cage?
The tigers at Tiger Kingdom are born into human care and we always stay near by so that they are used to people. They do not want to hunt you or to hurt you. The staffs are very well trained and are there to help you as well as to look after the tigers. Their main job is to ensure your safety. The tigers are handled, stroked and pat every day and so that even the biggest of hands or the roughest of pats does not usually bother them. What can make them react is if you touch them so lightly you feel like a fly. Very gentle touching can feel ticklish and irritating to a sleeping tiger and so it’s best to stroke firmly to avoid being treated like a fly or mosquito.
The tigers at Tiger Kingdom are hand reared and are very well trained. But they are still wild animals and so need to be respected. The tigers are often playful and may want to play with you. They do play rough though and so could bite when they are playing.
The Mae Sa Waterfall was actually a series of 9 or 10 small waterfalls and cascades spaced anywhere between 100m to 500m apart from each other. Depending on your criteria, one might think there would be more than ten waterfalls while others might think there would be less. But in any case, we thought that the most interesting of the ones that we counted were the waterfalls identified as 4-8 as these seemed to be more photographable and had interesting shapes.Most of the falls were signposted so we could identify them. But I tended to think of this attraction as more of a Thai picnic and swimming spot. That was because none of the falls individually were more than 10m tall I reckon, and we saw many Thai holiday-makers picni with friends and family. In fact, it was quite a popular place despite us showing up in the late afternoon, which didn’t leave us a whole lot of time to experience all the waterfalls before it started to get dark. Thus, our visit here felt kind of rushed, The way we did this excursion was by walking up to waterfalls 4-10 from the third and uppermost car park.
Highlight :The Northern Route
- Visit The Tiger Kingdom is another great combination of tourism with wildlife preservation. The proceeds from tourist visits to the Tiger Kingdom are mainly directed to investments in captive breeding of tigers.
The tiger population in Thailand has been decreasing every year. It’s estimated that only around 120 tigers still inhabit the wild. The projections are more catastrophic. Specialists argue that it’s just a matter of time before tigers are completely extinguished from the wild. As human population grows, areas in which tigers can live freely diminish. Tiger-human contact becomes inevitable and, as a treat to, for example, pastoral communities, tigers are commonly hunted down and killed.
The Tiger Kingdom aims to increase the tiger population through captive breeding. These tigers, however, are not prepared to inhabit the wild and therefore, are fated to remain in captive from birth to death, which, given the current situation, it’s understood to be better than no tigers at all.
Since the tigers have been born in captive and fed a special diet of milk and chicken, they tend to be less aggressive than tigers in the wild. Captive tigers, therefore, can be visited by tourists, who pay a considerable amount of money to spend around 10-15 minutes with them.
The proceeds from tourism allows Tiger Kingdom to increase the tiger population through captive breeding, as well as improve the overall living conditions of the tigers through the acquisition of larger areas for them to roam around. Currently, the Tiger Kingdom has over 100 tigers in captive.
- Visit The Mae Sa Waterfall was actually a series of 9 or 10 small waterfalls and cascades spaced anywhere between 100m to 500m apart from each other. Depending on your criteria, one might think there would be more than ten waterfalls while others might think there would be less. But in any case, we thought that the most interesting of the ones that we counted were the waterfalls identified as 4-8 as these seemed to be more photographable and had interesting shapes.
What You Can Expect :
Waterfalls / Nature & Wildlife Tours / Private Tours / Outdoor Activities.
This tour start and end in Chiang Mai!
Tour locations : Chiang Mai, Thailand
Tour duration : 5-6 hours
Tour departing :
Afternoon 12:30pm -17.30pm
Departs daily on a private basis.
Activities & Itinerary :
Tiger Kingdom + Mae Sa Waterfall.
Pick up from your accommodation in Chiang Mai City. Depart Chiang Mai by private A/C car or VIP luxury Van. It takes about 5 - 6 hours including the traveling time in the car. Drive about 50 minutes from the town. Fun and exciting with Tiger Kingdom includes : Big Tiger or Medium or Small Tiger. ( Only one package can be selected ). As there are many other different packages. Please let us know which one is your preferable package. Other packages you have to pay extra ( Optional ).
– Giant THB:1,300 / package / person.
– Big Cat THB:700 / package / person.
– Medium THB:600 / package / person.
– Small THB:500 / package / person.
Continue our trip to Mae Sa Waterfall Time is yours, here you can swim and release your body tension by walking on the soft sand. Leave Mae Sa waterfall back to chiangmai and end wonderful day tour.
*** TIME COULD BE CHANGED DEPENDS ON THE SEASON AND SITUATION ***
This Private Tour Includes :
– All transportation only for your party / family. to and from your hotel. We use only high-quality air-conditioned vehicles to keep you cool and comfortable.
– Takes about 5-6 hours including the traveling time in thailand.
– Entrance fees.
- Package Ticket Price: Big Tiger or Medium or Small Tiger. ( Only one package can be selected )
– Water, refreshing towel.
– Local 1 st class Travel accident insurance
– Informative English speaking tour guide.
This Private Tour Excludes :
You can select other pack with your own expense ( optional )
Single Ticket Price
– Giant THB:1,300
– Big Cat THB:700
– Medium THB:600
– Small THB:500
– Alcoholic drinks.
Please Bring :
– Digital cameras or phone cameras
-Some money for any of your personal expenses
Child Policy :
– Children age beloww 18 are able to take only small & baby tiger.
– This package is suitable for people age 18 up.
– Time is flexible based on the situation.
***** YOUR SAFETY & SATISFACTION ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY *****